Steps on How to Sell Your Car Sydney
You may be looking to sell your car Sydney if you are planning to buy another car, whether you want to buy a brand new or a used car. You should also sell your car if you are planning to move to another country permanently or stay there for a long time. You also need to sell your car before it finally breaks down and stops running. A car is not an investment because it easily depreciates in value. Before you get next to nothing for selling your car, you may want to sell it while it is still in running condition to at least get a good value for it.
Contact Us for a Quote! => Fill in the form on the right hand side of the page =>
There are a number of steps that you need to follow if you are planning to sell your car Sydney. Check out the list of steps below.
- Clean your car. This may seem minor but cars, no matter how old, usually look a little better if they are clean and shiny. Wash your car inside out, vacuum the flooring and seats, and wax the body to make it shiny. If there are minor problems that you think you can fix, fix them right away to further improve your car’s appearance.
- Take it to a mechanic. It is important to bring it to a trusted mechanic who can take a look at your car to know the repairs that need to be done, how much they cost, and how much your car can be sold if you decide to fix the problems prior to selling. Be prepared to lower your asking price significantly if you decide to not to fix the car’s problems. If you decide to pay for the repairs yourself, you should have them fixed by your trusted mechanic.
- Research your car’s value. It is also important to know how much your car is worth in the current market. You could consult a reference or resource online, such as the Red Book, about different car models and years and their corresponding values. Different factors affect a car’s value such as the make and model, year, problems, repairs done, replacements and upgrades, and demand for the car.
- Have your registration papers ready. You need to have the certificate of registration in order to sell your car. Your car should also have no outstanding tickets that can cause problems when you decide to sell it to a dealer. This will ensure a smooth transaction between you and the dealer.
- Selling your car to a dealer. It is important to choose a dealer who can give you the best value for your car. Bring your car to your chosen dealer, making sure that you bring your registration papers and the vehicle’s log book and record of servicing with you.
- Get your payment. After signing your car over, get the payment from the dealer. The dealer can give you cash or a cheque as a payment. Make sure that all the information and details on the cheque are accurate before you leave the car.
- Remove all your possessions from the car. Before finally leaving your car to the dealer, make sure that you have removed all your personal possessions from the car – CDs, baby car seats, shades, etc.
These are the steps to follow if you are planning to sell your car in Sydney, and it is important to follow these steps if you want to have a hassle-free transaction and if you want to get the best value for your car.